Momma's Day Off strives to provide outstanding cleaning services for our clients. If you are unhappy with any cleaning service provided, you are required to notify us within 48 hours of service in order for us to address and correct the problem.
If we receive prompt notification, we will come back to examine the problem. If the problem involves the quality of service we have provided, we pledge to correct the problem at no charge and additionally provide one half hour of cleaning services at no extra charge to compensate for your inconvenience.
If we do not receive notice of a problem within 48 hours of the cleaning, or if you decide to correct the problem yourself, we will not be able to correct the problem for you nor will you be compensated for your inconvenience.
If you have purchased hourly cleaning, we can only guarantee that a cleaner will stay for the specified amount of time. We may not be able to complete all tasks if time runs short. Therefore, if the problem involves the time needed to complete the cleaning service rather than the quality of the service itself, we can only correct the problem if you purchase additional cleaning time.
Momma's Day Off loves the work we do and happily do just about any kind of cleaning to help our customers. On the other hand, to maintain a high standard of quality, there are some limitations on what we can do:
1. We reserve the right to cancel any service, for any reason at anytime.
2. We do not assume liability for health and safety of your pets. While we are very, very mindful and careful about your pets, you are in the best position to ensure their safety and well being.
Our team members exercise reasonable care when cleaning. We do carry insurance for damage or breakage caused by our team. We are not liable for damage that is caused by “normal wear and tear”, improper installation of an item(s), or artwork, collectibles or family heirlooms valued over $200 and/or that is not disclosed during the time of making the appointment. If any damage or perceived damage is noticed after the maids have left, the customer must notify Momma's Day Off in writing within 24 hours of completion of the service at firstname.lastname@example.org of any problem that may have occurred at the address during that day and time of the scheduled cleaning. These items include but are not limited to the following examples:
Carpet & Rug Snags - Carpet snags are the result of exposed loops caused by normal wear and tear, moving furniture, etc. which are snagged by a vacuum’s roller brush. We use professional vacuums that are set to industry standards (which cannot be adjusted). In order to limit snags or fraying, we will try our best not to go near the bad areas of carpeting/rugs.
Broken Blinds - Customers should be aware that there are some inherent risks each time your blinds are cleaned. Blinds will become brittle from daily exposure to the sun and aging, and strings/chords will weaken over time resulting in breaks.
Old/improperly placed faucets and knobs.
Improperly hung pictures/decorations/mirrors - If these items are securely/properly attached to the wall, they should not fall when the item is dusted/wiped.
Artwork, Collectibles or Family Heirlooms valued over $200 - These items are expensive and/or impossible to replace. In that case, we do not assume the risk of cleaning such items. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform, in writing, of any item(s) that fall into this category.
Woodwork, Vintage/Antique Wood Furniture, Un-finished & Furniture with Special Instructions, Special flooring such as marble, travertine or bamboo- Please let us know during your booking if your woodwork, wooden furniture or vintage wooden furniture is not sealed or is made of another material other than actual wood. Please discuss your furniture care needs with specifications as per item if they need special attention in anyway. If you would like to supply your own cleaning product(s) for your specific piece(s) of furniture, leather furniture, pianos, etc., please notify us via email or mail of the preferred product(s) you will provide us with.
3. In the event of damages caused by our staff we reserve the sole right to A) request proof of the items value B) approve or decline the service provider and/or to exclusively select the service provider and approve all work orders prior to the commencement of work C) Purchase an equitable replacement item and/or approve the purchase of an equitable replacement item. We ask for 48 hours (excluding Saturday, Sunday and/or holidays) from the date of the damage to locate an approved service provider/replacement item. You the customer MAY NOT arbitrarily order, approve and/or compensate a service provider and/or purchase a replacement item without our prior written approval, and request to be made whole. We will only reimburse or compensate you for fees/costs incurred by you which have prior approval from us.
4. If you booked by phone these terms are incorporated into your use of the Momma's Day Off service.
5. We need electricity and water! If upon arrival your utilities are turned off, we will not clean your home and we will charge you a $75 non-refundable travel fee.
6. We do not come equipped with ladders, we have extendable cobweb brushes is sufficient to reach most 1st floor windows, ceiling fans, and upper shelves. We do not climb higher than that a 3-step ladder (you must provide) - for liability reasons.
7. Again, for liability and health reasons, we do not move heavy appliances and furniture. We can clean around them and underneath, to the extent reachable.
8. If the home is in bad shape - broken glass, mountains of clutter, or "hoarder's living space" - we can most likely bring it to a livable/ habitable standard. However, the end result will not be comparable with the level of cleanliness we can achieve on a standard home. Because of that, we will discuss this issue before starting the job and/or upon arrival onsite. We will photograph before and after for potential sharing and strategizing within our company on how to best approach the cleaning and for future liability claims.
9. We will not clean animal feces and urine-no exceptions are made and no refund will be given if we choose to remain and clean around!
10. When retaining Momma's Day Off you agree not to solicit for hire any staff member introduced to you by Momma's Day Off for any home or business-related services. We spend a lot of time and resources finding, interviewing, checking references and backgrounds, and training our teams. When hired, they sign an agreement barring them from performing any home related service for any of our past or present customers. However, if you do wish to employ a staff member directly please discuss this matter with our corporate staff. If you are found to have solicited one of our staff within our discretion, please be advised that our referral/training fee is $5,000 per hired employee which we will charge to you or we will seek via suit in a court of law to recover. We consider our employees our most valuable asset and charge accordingly.
11. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Momma's Day Off and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, owners, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of any cleaning services received by you and performed by Momma's Day Off representatives; (ii) any alleged or actual loss or damage to property (including your residence), resulting from the performance of the Momma's Day Off cleaning services.
12. Please make sure that your actual home size (# of bedrooms/bathrooms and or square footage) and current status is correctly selected. For all commercial clients we preform a walkthrough.
13. No discounts are given for partial cleanings, excluding rooms or parts of your home. If your home is in active or post Construction you will be billed the then current hourly rate with a 6-hour minimum.
14. We verify home size online (public means) and on-site inspection by cleaners. If your home is 3,000 sq ft or larger, you must book the package which corresponds to your homes actual square footage. If not selected and home size determined to be 3,000 sq ft or larger our then current rate for your home size will be billed to card on file to complete your cleaning without prior notice.
15. Please provide the true state of your home. Standard cleanings are for homes regularly maintained by professional cleaners in accordance with the descriptions on our services page. If your home has not been professionally cleaned in the last two (2) weeks please book a deep clean for your first clean. We may ask for proof of home being professionally cleaned in the last two (2) weeks in the form of an invoice from a licensed service provider. We may in our sole discretion clean your home however, your failure to book a cleaning based on homes true status intentional or otherwise will void our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
16. We DO NOT clean the exterior of your home.
17. You can email us to edit your Booking. Any misrepresentation of the size, status or true condition of your home on the date of service will void your 100% satisfaction guarantee.
18. Failure to disclose recent construction will result in your cleaning being converted to the then prevailing price for hourly or per square footage without prior notice. Post construction homes require additional work to render them clean.
19. Our 100% Satisfaction guarantee Does Not apply to homes which are in active construction. Due to the nature of construction dust will settle upon completion of our service and we will not be held responsible. The card on file will be charged the difference in price if it is determined that your home size and/or status was entered incorrectly and/or active/post-construction status.
20. Please do not request that your professional(s) clean any additional parts of your home not included in your booking confirmation email, such as the inside fridge, inside windows etc. You will be billed for all additional services rendered accordingly without prior notice.
21. The size of your cleaning team (# of technicians) is determined solely by our staff and based on your home size with the exception of hourly cleanings.
22. Please note that No cash or credit/debit refunds are given, except within the sole discretion of our staff.
23. We will re-clean any areas of concern provided you email email@example.com regarding the areas of concern within 24-hours of the completion of the cleaning. Any request made outside of the 24-hr period after the completion of your cleaning will only be honored within the discretion of our staff.
24. The full price of your cleaning will be billed to your card a) The day of the cleaning b) once cleaning professional(s) have arrived even if you decline to allow the service to proceed for any reason C) We are unable to enter your home for any reason. This policy also applies to lockouts, where professional(s) are unable to make entry to clean. A credit will be placed on your account for your use within 30-days (Subject to availability), thereafter, the credit will expire and you will forfeit the funds in full. In the case of lockouts a $25 travel fee will be assessed to the card on file for the professional(s) to return.
25. Professional(s) will only wait a maximum of 20-minutes after the start time of your cleaning, after this 20 minute grace period Professional(s) will leave and full price of cleaning will be charged and client will be subject to $25 travel fee to have Professional(s) return to clean. Start time is at the beginning of your arrival period for the purpose of this policy ex 10-12 PM means 10 am is the start time of your appointment.
26. No credit or refund is issued if cleaning team arrives past cleaning start time.
27. No credit will be given if we need to reschedule and/or delay the cleaning start time, due to unforeseen delays.
28. We Do Not provide soiled Laundry service with any of our cleaning packages, therefore, any request for soiled laundry (blood, urine, feces) will be declined and no refund will be given due to our declining to perform soiled laundry duties.
29. We do not offer wall washing as a service due to the inherent risk of causing damage to the wall and/or paint. Please do not request that your professional wash any walls in your home. No refund will be given for declining to wash your walls.
30. A DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED TO RESERVE ALL APPOINTMENT'S. THIS DEPOSIT IS NON REFUNDABLE AND MUST BE PAID WITHIN 24 HOURS OF INVOICE DUE DATE.
31. You must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org within 24-hours of the completion of your cleaning detailing which areas were missed or unsatisfactory, along with clear images of the area(s) which were missed in order to take advantage of our 100% satisfaction guarantee (Free re-clean subject to availability) or else we will consider the matter closed. You may not request a refund in-lieu of a re-clean.
32. We require you to complete a walk thru with your cleaning professional at the conclusion of your cleaning and sign your form. Failure to complete a walk thru and/or voice any concerns so that the on-site cleaning team has the opportunity to address your concern voids our 100% satisfaction guarantee and no re-clean request will be honored.
33. If you refuse a re-cleaning, fail to complete a walk through with cleaners prior to their departure or fail to e-mail Momma's Day Off within 24-hrs of the conclusion of your appointment, we will not return to address areas of concern and we will consider the matter closed and no refund will be given.
34. Any extras not selected or listed in this email and your confirmation email will not be completed without you first paying the additional charge. An on-site inspection will be completed to verify home size (# of bedrooms & bathrooms).
35. If the home size was incorrectly listed you will be billed the price difference without prior notice. As stated on our booking form, no discount for excluding parts of your home or partial cleanings.
36. Service address must have running water, electricity and operating air conditioning in order for professional(s) to complete your cleaning. If not cleaning will be rescheduled and a travel fee of $50 will apply.
37. Carpet shampoo will not return treated area(s) to new condition. Shampooing is designed to remove dirt and sanitize the carpet. Not all spots or stains treated by machine will come out. If carpet has not been shampoo/treated in more than 2-months we do not recommend carpet service. No refund is given for carpet shampoo service.
38. If you booked a recurring cleaning (weekly, bi-weekly or monthly) and cancel before the second cleaning is performed we will bill you the discount provided on your first cleaning immediately after cancellation without prior notification. The full price of the cleaning will be billed to your card once the team has arrived.
39. While we always strive to be on time, please allow us a 120 minute arrival window (unless you have been advised otherwise) to account for traffic, parking, and other possible unexpected delays. This means that your team will arrive within that hour of time selected. Example 10am-12PM arrival means the team may arrive around 10:15 or 11:45 AM.
40. Because we reserve a time especially for you, please make any schedule changes 48-hours before your service start time to avoid incurring a $70 cancellation fee and on the day of your appointment the full value of your cleaning.
41. By subscribing to a recurring service cleaning you are agreeing to accept the initial discount on the grounds that you will have at least one 1 recurring service in the future. If your subscription (very next appointment) is cancelled or rescheduled before your first recurring service, you will waive your right to the associated discount and Momma's Day Off will bill your account for the discounted amount on your initial recurring service booking without prior notification.
42. A hold will be placed on your account (for authorization ) for the full value of your cleaning 48-hours PRIOR to your scheduled cleaning service. If your service is cancelled for any reason, this hold will drop off within 1-7 days. THIS HOLD IS NOT A CHARGE. Charging is completed the day of your appointment.
43. Please be mindful of your cleaners time. Any area cleaned will not be re-cleaned if re-soiled by client, other members of the household of guests of the client. Examples include but not limited to taking a shower after the bathroom is cleaned and request a re-clean of the bathroom.
44. All calls to us and from us may be recorded for quality assurance purposes.
45. Governing Law-Any claim relating to Momma's Day Off shall not be governed by the laws of the State of Florida, County of Duval, city of Jacksonville without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
46. Additional terms of service are included in your booking received and booking confirmed e-mails sent to you at the time of booking your first appointment.
47. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SUPER MAIDS DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CLEANING SERVICES, INCLUDING THE CLEANING SERVICES PERFORMED BY Momma's Day Off REPRESENTATIVES, OR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT THEREFROM. THE SERVICE, INCLUDING OUR CLEANINGS, ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE QUALITY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, Momma's Day Off, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE.